Creating your Individual Financial Plan
Before we begin to prepare your financial plan and make recommendations, our aim is to help you understand where you are now in financial terms, and how this compares with where you want to be.
Working with you as your financial mentor, we discuss and agree the major financial goals in your life and understand what you need to do to achieve them.
We start by collecting all the critical documents and information and fully assessing your current financial situation. We call this a Financial Audit.
What does a Financial Audit include?
- A net worth statement, with the value of all your assets and liabilities
- A summary of the pre and post retirement situation on death
- Inheritance tax expectations
- Income and expenditure flows, taking into account the current and anticipated cost of your lifestyle
- Pensions and investments analysis
- A schedule and analysis of all your insurance plans and policies
- Risk management assessment
We then produce a detailed analysis and project your current arrangements into the future, given various key assumptions. We look at how to achieve your goals and objectives using your existing provisions and plans. By ‘pressure testing’ their robustness, we aim to provide you with reassurance as well as other options to consider.
For most clients, the preparation of The Financial Audit and Financial Plan marks the start of a long partnership between us. Our aim is to help you do 'the right things, at the right times for the right reasons' and build on the provisions, plans and assets you have already acquired.
We will discuss our findings with you, help you consider your options, provide financial advice and agree a detailed course of action.
This video explains how your savings and investments form part of your financial planning
* The value of investments and any income from them can fall as well as rise. You may not get back the amount originally invested.
Your Financial Audit and Financial Plan is a fee based service and we agree the costs with you in advance. Half the fee is payable at outset and the other half after the plan has been completed to your satisfaction.